Join a global movement to grow your country’s economy.
Apply for the Kauffman Global Partners Network.
We are pleased to be formally launching the Kauffman Global Partners Network, intended to catalyze private and public sector resources around the world to support entrepreneurs and foster economic growth within partner countries, ultimately expanding human welfare and prosperity.
The Kauffman Global Partners Network (KGPN) is powered by the Kauffman Foundation, the world’s leading institution supporting research and programs to stimulate the kind of entrepreneurial activity that leads to growing economies.
Partners in the network will be supported through Kauffman Foundation research, have access to our global network and programs, and, most importantly, work with the Kauffman Foundation to develop and implement programs to attract, develop and support entrepreneurs and their ventures. These could include, but are not limited to:
- Accelerators, incubators, and other programs that offer mentorship, education and validation of ideas
- Systems to provide access to markets and financial and human capital
- Support structures for foreign and local entrepreneurs working in your country
- Programs to allow entrepreneurs to travel within the network
Additionally, KGPN research, conducted in collaboration with country partners, will yield the most comprehensive, cutting-edge data and analysis of how entrepreneurs within the network operate, how their startups are born, grow, succeed and fail. This research will make an invaluable contribution to the understanding of firm growth and economic expansion around the world, as well as facilitating the development, assessment and growth of the KGPN.
Candidate countries for the KGPN must meet some basic criteria to be qualified for invitation to the network.
- Because it is imperative that the program be locally sustainable and aligned with local conditions, local funding for their community of founders must be guaranteed from private or public sources. The funds required will vary from country to country, but in many cases will require at least $1 million USD.
- Because entrepreneurs may choose to found their startups outside their country of origin, country partners must be able to provide visas to visiting or resident entrepreneurs. Additionally, participating KGPN founders will be incentivized to travel between networked countries for various programs offerings.
- To be attract the best entrepreneurs and to foster the growth of their startups, country partners must be able to guarantee a secure environment supportive of economic growth and prosperity.
If you satisfy these basic requirements, you are encouraged to proceed to the application here. Applicants from candidate countries may be from the private or public sector, and must be resident within their candidate countries and have the means to guarantee the criteria listed above. Where possible and appropriate, we encourage collaboration within countries between prospective partners.
The deadline for applications is December 5, 2011.
Applicants will receive a response from KGPN no later than January 9, 2012.
The Kauffman Global Partners Network will launch in March, 2012.
Questions? Please email email@example.com